Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Inspiration!!!

(This photo was edited in PSE using the stained glass window option)


Are you inspired yet?!  ;) 


I really love magazines!  While I'm flipping through them I often find a pictures that make me say, 'hmm, that's neat!'.  When I see something I like, I tear it out and keep it in my 'inspiration file':




I use my file to create paintings based off what I like in the photo.  This helps me when I am staring at an intimidating blank canvas.  When I sift through my file and find something that I really like, I keep it in the forefront of my mind and express it in my painting.



Bright orange color and flower shapes



A fancy headed stalk



A punch of purple and an interesting bulb shape

Another way to capture something that catches my eye is to keep my camera ready!  (pun intended!)  When I see a shape or a pattern on TV, I pause the channel and snap a quick pic:




The stems coming off the center of this piece are simple and most likely something that I can recreate without too much of a headache.   


I hope this encourages you to make your own clever inspiration file! 

No comments:

Post a Comment